Hi folks,
I'm trying to be a good lad and stick to using the web config tools for making GUI changes wherever I can, but I'm running into a situation where I've got to tweak the JSP directly to get the results I want. I'm seeing some weird behavior, and thought I'd post here to see if anyone's already been down this road.
[All of this is on 4.1 SP1 HFB4]
The scenario:
I have a metadata object that models a contract that is part of a project. That object, which I'll call po_firm_phase for soon-to-be-obvious reasons, contains three fields. PO_NUM, FIRM_NAME, and PHASE_NAME.
I've extended workspaces to have this as a field, and they can have more than one, reflecting that a project can have multiple contracts associated with it. Therefore, I'd like to display all three fields from the metadata object -- and out of the box, the web app will display only the key.
So where I three of these to show up as:
1000 / ACME / PRE-DESIGN; 1001 / ACE / DESIGN; 1002 / AIM / CONSTRUCTION
I'm instead getting:
1000; 1001; 1002
Support says the web config tools aren't going to solve this problem, so let's bust open the relevant JSP and have a look at the snippet that creates the input box:
<w:selectInputField name="extPo_firm_phase" caption="extPo_firm_phase:workspace" items="${data.workspace.extPo_firm_phase}" multiple="true" size="3" var="extPo_firm_phase">
<w

ption value="${extPo_firm_phase.id}">
<c

ut value="${extPo_firm_phase.extPo_num}" />
</w

ption>
</w:selectInputField>
I've tinkered a bit with trying to simply concatenate the other fields on, but it's not behaving as I'd expect -- thus my coming here. Where exactly do I need to reference extPo_firm_phase.extFirm_name and extPo_firm_phase.extPhase_name to have them show up?
Rusty, rusty, rusty with JSP.
Thanks for the help in advance,
-John
PS: Ideally, the way to do this would be to model these three entities separately, then tie them together with a metadata relationship. Been there, done that, and the fact that I have to be able to have one *or more* of these per workspace breaks the way WSMP handles the dependencies. Thus I denormalized and stuffed them all into one metadata object. 8|