Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VisualFormat
Non3
One of my users is telling me this:
I'm having a problem with VF, in that TeamSite keeps saying that VF isn't installed although I have installed it twice now:
Any idea what's happening?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
could you please give some more information about your environment?
What browser?
Client OS?
What TS version?
Server OS?
In most of the browsers you have the possibility to see, which plugins are installed.
E.g. in MSIE6SP2/WinXPSP2 there's an Addon-button in Internet Options -> Programs menu (don't know if the button names translated correctly, I have the german OS/browser version in front of me...)
There you can see, which plugins are loaded and active. In the case of VF, there's an entry like "eWebEditPro".
Furthermore you can try to install VF directly. The install resources are located in the directory \iw-home\httpd\iw\ewebeditpro20\clientinstall.
Regards
Stefan
stefanmaier
One additional thing:
Did you check the browser security policies?
Perhaps restrictions are chosen so strong that the activation of VF plugin is prevented...
Try to find out if the user has the OS right to install VF.
In our OS security environment we need a local client admin who installs the VF client on the TS authors machine.
Jamik
FYI, the VFE is an active x application so if you're using Firefox or if you set IE not to run active x components then you'll have problems where it'll say you need to install it when you've already done so.
Migrateduser
I've had this problem before, but with version 5.5.2. Since I have to guess at what version you're using, I'll figure that you're using 5.5.2 (for convenience). The visual format client is available to install from iw-home/ewebeditpro20/clientinstall/visualformatclient.exe. I found that installing it directly this way overcame all browser conflicts I had encountered.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
JonathonG
In addition to other suggestions listed here, check to see if the user is a local administrator on their box. If not, they may not be able to successfully run the VF install. If this is the case, a machine administrator will have to have it installed for them. Here, we have an SMS package set up that can be dropped on clients' machines.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
Non3
The user was using Firfox. This appears to be the issue and he went back it IE and is working fine now.
Thanks,