Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding items to CCStd "File Actions" menu
khan
TS6.5 on Solaris 9
I really need to add Lock and Unlock to the File Actions menu in CCStd, and I've added the links to ui_custom.xml and rebuilt, but nothing is appearing. I've found a post where someone was able to do it in TS6.1, I think, but nothing comes up for me in TS6.5.
The snippet of code I added to ui_custom.xml is:
<action-list id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_list.actionlist">
<menu id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions.menu">
<iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions_undo_changes.link">
<link id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions_lock.link" refid="_iw.ccpro.lock.link"/>
<link id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions_unlock.link" refid="_iw.ccpro.unlock.link"/>
</iwov-insert-after>
</menu>
</action-list>
Am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
I just used the exact code you pasted in and have the unlock and lock showing up under Undo Changes.
I am using TeamSite 6.5 SP1 on windows 2003 EE.
This may not be appearing due to some other changes you have inside the ui_custom.xml file. Try removing all other customizations and see if that works. If they still do not appear, then it might be a bug that is fixed in SP1.
-Bill
lhdavis
Please send us the command you use to rebuild as well.
We use "iwperl
\iw\iw-home\bin\make_toolkit.ipl -nojsp_precompile"
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
khan
We have SP1 as well. It's strange...it's still not showing up for me. I'm a bit leery of testing it by removing all other customizations I have as adding them back often doesn't go so smoothly.
khan
We run make_toolkit.ipl the same way as you.
khan
You know what. This did work for me. I was just looking in the wrong place. I was looking at the actions menu from the Works in Progress portlet instead of the File Menu when I'm in a directory.
I guess the Works in Progress one is a whole different edit altogether.
Thanks for you help!
~kathie
lj1958
Can anyone tell me the change I would need to make to add 'Copy To' to the 'File Actions' menu in the standard display for 6.1? I need my user to be able to copy a file to a whole other branch.
Thank you in advance. I've done a lot of templating, but never fiddled much with the other config files before now.
khan
We are on TS6.5, but the code shouldn't be different.
You have to edit ui_custom.xml, and add:
<action-list id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_list.actionlist">
<menu id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions.menu">
<iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions_copy.link">
<link id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions_copy_to_workarea.link" refid="_iw.ccpro.copy_to_workarea.link"/>
</iwov-insert-after>
</menu>
</action-list>
You'll then have to run make_toolkits.ipl in order to apply the change.
Adam Stoller
Have you checked the Edit menu list? I believe Copy and Copy To are both included OOTB under Edit (instead of File) in 6.x - or am I misunderstanding your question?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
khan
You're right, they are OOTB, but lj1958 wanted to add it in CCStd. I don't think there's an Edit menu in CCStd, is there?
Adam Stoller
(1958?)
I'll leave CCStd questions to someone else - I haven't had to use it, and try to stay away from it as much as possible ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
lj1958
Correct, I wanted to add it to CCStd which does not have the edit menu.
Thank you for such a quick reply, Khan. I appreciate your help. I'll give that a try.
13adam13
Adding this to ui_custom.xml did add the "Copy To" link that you see in CCPro. However, when I tried to use it, I got some JavaScript errors and I could not complete the process.
<action-list id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_list.actionlist">
<menu id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions.menu">
<iwov-insert-after id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions_copy.link">
<link id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.file_actions_copy_to_workarea.link" refid="_iw.ccpro.copy_to_workarea.link" />
</iwov-insert-after>
</menu>
</action-list>
This leads me to believe that you cannot add the "Copy To" function to the CCStd interface.
--Adam Wilson
Adam Stoller
CopyTo requires pre-selection of one (and only one) file before it can be run. From what little I recall of the CCStd interface, there aren't too many places (if any) where you can actually 'select' a file on which to then perform an operation.
You'd probably have to create a custom CGI menu script which provided a file-browser, prompt for where to copy the file, and then use the CCI URL to perform the actual action.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Bill Klish
In TeamSite 6.1 SP1 CC Standard this does work. We have it inside of our interface. Their is a bug with clicking on the Browse button which throws up a nice JSP exception page, but I believe that bug was fixed in SP2 (not sure). Other then that, it works.
This is the ui_custom.xml snippet we have:
<action-list id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.dir_list.actionlist">
<menu id="iw.ccstd.list_directory.dir_actions.menu"
description="File Actions"
titleImage="/base/images/icn_menuarrow.gif">
<separator id="cus.ccstd.list_directory.dir_actions.menu.separator1"/>
<link id="cus.ccstd.dir_actions_copy_to.link" refid="_iw.ccpro.copy_to_workarea.link"/>
</menu>
</action-list>