Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Active Directory Question
Lynchy
Hello All,
Our NT group recently advised us that we will be moving to Ad in the near future... I am using Local Windows Groups as my groups for Sharing as I can control them here and I only have 4 of them if I had to recreate them due to a hardware move. The Net Team has created a test AD domain and created an account in that domain for me to do some testing with... When I access my local group and try to add this account it is not visible in the selection window for the AD domain but if I type it into the field it accepts it.. I can login to TeamSite using this account but when I try to access the Workarea I am unable to.. I have used the debug flags for iw.cfg and there is no group info for this account... The network team here is insisting it is an application issue and not an AD issue.. I know next to nothing about AD so I can't really argue... I just thought I'd post here to see if any of you folks have seen the same thing or may know what the cause is... Thanks in advance for any feedback you may be able to provide.... If I add the AD account directly to the Windows permissions on the Workarea thru the filesystem I can access the workarea....
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pranav
Hi,
Your query is bit complicated to understand.Please simplyfy it.
I have few queries/comments for you, to understand your problem :
>> Your Teamsite & Active Directory on the same domain ??
>> To add Active Directory users to any workarea you need to add the AD group to which user belongs.
>> There so be trust between two boxes(If they are on different domain) to browse the users and groups.
I hope that i have cleared some of your doubts.
-Pranav