Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy with Kerberos?
System
I'm wondering if and how an OpenDeploy sender or receiver can work with kerberos. Has anyone tried this? Would this just be an extension of the API?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Can you elaborate a bit on the use case? I've heard of OD being used to deploy to AFS and DFS filesystems, which I believe utilize Kerberos for underlying security. But OD itself is not Kerberos "aware".
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Todd,
Sure... what I'm hoping for is an architecture whereas kerberos could be the equivalent of an Authority and would interact with OpenDeploy in some way (API might be appropriate for this but I'm open for pointers and suggestions). So, basically, an external application would issue an iwod command but use kerberos as its proxy.
Thanks,
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Well, OD does an authorization check on an authenticated user via the roles policies. Sender node authentication is done via IP checking and optionally SSL certs.
If you want to introduce another authentication or authorization scheme such as Kerberos, it would probably have to be prior to invoking the deployment, or at some point during the deployment using a DNR task or possibly an adapter.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com