Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
UI customization best practices
chuckles
We are currently attempting to rollout TeamSite 6.5 from 5.5 to a wide user base and are running into some resistance. The main complaint is surrounding the new layout of the workflow screen and I am having trouble sussing out the capabilities of UI customization XMLs and deciding which customizations will really be helpful. So, I thought I would just throw this out there and see what customizations you guys had done that users appreciated the most or had at least had a positive impact on usability.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Wish I could give you better info, but I have done 4 large rollouts of 6.X, they have been for the most
part vanilla cc_pro. None are using cc_std.
Customization included custom menus and rather complex templates, stuff you are already familar with
in 5.5
The WF task list is a big pain. Esp if you are looking at jobs, not tasks, and then need to take a group
task. One thing I would like to do is make the little square to view a task from a job, much more noticable,
and to make the take group task more noticible.
raw3.txt
csv_test.rptdesign
chuckles
I hear ya. The little unlabled square is the most obscene bit of UI design I have ever seen. I've noticed that 6.5 has really cleaned up the graphic design and added some useful new features, but from an interaction design point of view, it has take several steps backward. It looks like a lot of this stuff is fixable, but the documentation is pretty poor as well.
nipper
Fix that & you will be loved and adored by your users. Post it here & even Smitty might give up an accolade
chuckles
Add this into ui_custom.xml
<link id="iw.ccpro.task_list_task_details_popup.link" label="task details" />
<pagedlist id="iw.ccpro.active_tasks.pagedlist">
<column id="_link" width="10%" />
</pagedlist>
The ironic part is that my complaint about the UI was my 100th post upgrading me to an "enthusiast"
Edited by chuckles on 10/11/05 02:10 PM (server time).