Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Running parallel iwfsck on backing stores
Mashuk
Hi,
Is it possible to run the iwfsck command in parallel. As an example say I have 2 websites A and B and each of those websites have their own backing stores. As part of a recovery process would it be possible to run the iwfsck process on each backing store simultaneously, or does this have to run sequentially.
Thanks in advance
Mashuk
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dazzlad
unless the backing stores are somehow mirrored then I can't see what dependencies could exist between the two fs check task.
Can you explain what you want to achieve?
Mashuk
The intention is to run simultaneous iwfsck on multiple backing stores so that we can run incremental backups during the day. So if the iwfsck are run in parallel, then the downtime of the server is minimised.
However I called IWOV support, they recommend that iwfsck's are not carried out simultaneously.
Mashuk