Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS Search CLTs won't run from mapped drive?
salman
Hi everyone,
We have TS 6.5 setup one one Windows box while the Interwoven Search is installed on another box. I am using the the search CLT iwndxrefreshbr. It works fine if I run it from the Interwoven Search box but the problem is I need to run it from the TS 6.5 box. I tried to do this by mapping a drive to the Search folder. I then ran the CLT, it gave me the help screen so the CLT ran, but it gives the following ERROR: Failed to the find the search home directory. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ottawa_IWOV
Hey Salman -
You might want to try turning on incremental indexing (not sure if you turned it on during installation of the search server). A submit event on an indexed branch should refresh the collection (however, I have found this to be inconsistent based on how the TS event subsystem in configured OOTB). The CLT cannot be run from a mapped drive, it does not work that way, it is looking for specific information from the Search host, not the TeamSite host. You can probably whip up a CGI wrapper script that can be called via HTTP to refresh the index OR you could install an OpenDeloy Receiver on the Search Server and refresh the index with a deploy-and-run script.
Those are just two possibilities, I am sure there are more.
Later,
salman
Hey L!
I turned off Event Based incremental indexing on purpose (too slow!). When I set the value to 0 in the search.properties configuration it would still take about 25 to 30 seconds for the file to show up in the index. Yeah, I know that iw-search is looking for itself to I have no way of running it off the TS box like I am doing it now. I had it attached to a workflow in dev so I would get instant indexing of the DCR (which worked great, since dev has iw-search setup on the same drive). I am currently investigating an SSH route, something like your CGI wrapper suggestion. The ODR method seems interesting though. My other option is to make the search box constantly poll using the CLT. I'll keep hacking away at it, Thanks!
Salman
Test.rptdesign
smenon
How many files are part of that submit and how frequently are you submitting content? I am surprised that it takes about 30 seconds for the indexing to kick in. In any case, do you really need your users to find the files within 30 seconds of submitting the content? I'd like to understand the use-case for this requirement.
You must remermber that constantly running the index CLT will only queue up the "Bulk Indexing" thread and then you will end up with the same time it takes for the "Incremental Indexing" to finish.
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
salman
Right now, its only one file per submit. Content is being submitted anywhere between 1 minute to 10 minutes. In the search.properties configuration file I believe the default setting is 1 minute for time to start event based indexing. We were told by Interwoven to try setting it to 0. This lowered the time to index to 30 seconds. The client require indexing as soon as the DCR is deployed to staging. The use-case is we have a custom applet associated with Search that uses the same index and brings back any new DCRs that have been submitted to the branch. If the user comes in to choose the most recent stories thru the applet they may miss the newest result. We've had to hit refresh several times and have timed it to about 30 seconds (give or take a few secs). What I ended up doing was disabling the event based indexing and attached an external task to the workflow. The external task runs the incremental index CLT and voila the file that was submitted has been indexed instantaneously and shows up right away in the results. The problem now lies in the fact that our Prod environment differs from my Dev by way of having iw-searchhome installed on a separate box. I hope that makes sense?