Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DB access from a TPL
bertrand
Hi all,
Environment :
- Windows 2003
- Teamsite 6.5 SP1
- MS SQL Server
I have in TPLs some DB access to pupolate a table with DCR data. That code is running fine when launching directly iwpt_compile from the command line, but fails when iwpt_compile is being launched from a workflow external task. If I comment out the DB access then it works.
It means that I probably miss in my code some environment variable declaration in order to let DBD work. Is that correct ? I fyes, does anybody have an idea of which one(s) ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Bertrand
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe your diagnosis is correct.
The easiest way to figure out what's missing is to print out (to a debugging file) what's there in both situations and compare the results.
The code for doing this is pretty trivial - if you don't know how to do it, search the forums because I'm pretty sure it's been posted a number of times.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
bertrand
My diagnostic was not correct.
The reason for failure was that I used a "user dsn" and not a "system dsn", and also because it was configured to use "windows authentication" instead of "sql authentication".
Now it just works fine, without any environment variable change.