Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MBSession's Life
Konidala
Hi All,
I am running a batch job to insert the assets into mediabin which may run for 2 days to complete. May I know how long MBSession's connection with the server will be LIVE before calling LogOff method. When the session will end if not calling the LogOff method. I am using Script Model Reference.
Private mbSession As MBPSCRIPTMODEL2Lib.MBSession
mbSession = New MBPSCRIPTMODEL2Lib.MBSessionClass
mbSession.Logon("MyServer", "MyDomain", "MyDomainUserID", "MyDomainPassword")
'batch ingestion to add all the assets to mediabin repository
mbSession.Logoff
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msnider
When using the MBSession object, there is no defined timeout for the logon. Therefore, the connection to the MediaBin server should remain active until you call Logoff...or if a MediaBin administrator manually logs you off or restarts the server.
Are you doing any specific preprocessing to the assets before ingestion or are they going in as is? If they are going in as is....have you thought of using MediaBin HotFolders to do the ingestion?
Mark
Konidala
Thanks for your reply Mark. Yes we are doing some process on assets before inserting it into MB. Can I use Hot Folders to ingest the assets as External Assets?
msnider
Unfortuantely no, HotFolders do not support Externally Indexed assets.
Mark