Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
replacing an XML editor
nipper
OK, so I am replacing an XML editor with TST.
One thing tat has me stumped is there is an ability to right click on
any field and get a small RTF ability (bold, TM, email etc).
What options are there ? I could possibly make VFE work everywhere,
but that is not a stellar option. Anyone try to solve this one before ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What are you trying to do, exactly? It sounds like you want to start using TST to edit even XML documents -- does that mean that all XML assets are tagged with a template type? Why would you want to use VFE as an end-all XML editor?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
The XML editor is a pain to use and expensive. We would like to replace it. So TST will
be the tool we use.
I can create all the functionality I need (including data import) except the ability to
select some text and allow a little RTF (bold, etc). That is the piece that puzzles me
jbonifaci
Without using VFE or some really hacky javascript, I don't think you can do it within the form. You could persue having your own cgi-callout to do so, but I would think using VFE would be better.
Migrateduser
Okay, I see.
I haven't tried to do something as fancy with VFE as what you're trying to do, but it definitely seems plausible. What if, when you right-click on the cursor, the word which is currently focused becomes highlighted as selected text. Then, you could apply styles to it. As far as a menu appearing, as what could easily be done with DHTML or even JS and CSS, I'm not too sure. At least, that would take more work.
Are you set on a pop-up menu?
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
I am set on anything that does not require actual work.
Whatever is easiest
Migrateduser
Ahh, then I've failed you, my friend
What I suggested is quite a hack, actually. I've implemented some really nice right-click menus on web sites and it seems reasonable that it could be done here, but I'm pretty certain that it would require quite a bit of work.
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
Well, I guess if I have to work. Any chance of sending me a sample of the
code you have to make a custom right menu ?
Hopefully I can tie something like that into FormAPI
thanks
Andy
Migrateduser
Sorry to do this, but try going to
http://www.internationalrecipesonline.com/recipes/view.pl?4096
and right clicking there. Under the covers, it's a very basic example of a right click menu and, who knows, you might get a little hungry
The code is a bit much to attach here, but let me know if you have specific questions about it and I'll try to help. Personally, I'd like to see something like this done with the VFE!
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9