Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
templating question
ajhousto
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I'm new to templating...
I have a hidden text field in the datacapture.cfg file that I want to be populated with the value of another field on the DCT. How can this be done?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
You should be able to use formapi to do this. Read up on getItem() and .getValue() and .setValue().
nipper
RTFM
Form API
ajhousto
Thanks for the suggestion. Now my issue is that .getvalue() and setvalue() can't be used on replicants. The field I am trying to copy is a replicant. Is there any way to get the value of a replicant?
Adam Stoller
A replicant does not have a value.
An instance of a item replicant may have a value.
An item within an instance of a replicant may have a value.
Consider it as a data structure and look at how you would decompose the structure to access the data contained within
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Perhaps you could be more specific as to what your exact needs are. Your initial question was basically, "How do I perform two common tasks within FormAPI?" and the response was "RTFM". Your needs might be specific enough that they're not covered in the documentation and might not be as straight-forward as was previously thought.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
jbonifaci
.getValue() and .setValue() can be used on replicants, but you must refer to a specific instance of the replicant. So if you have a replicant called Replicant with a field called Field and you wanted to get the value Field in the first replicant, you would do .getItem('/Replicant[1]/Field').getValue().
~Jeff