User Authentication in Domain content server Installation

kcvipin
edited July 16, 2010 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I have a documentum 6.5 SP2 environment for Windows 2003 server with Oracle database. I have installed the content server on a customer domain say "mydomain1".

I have created some users in content server using DA having the source as "None" iwithout having source LDAP or Inline password. I am able to connect to the DA/Webtop using this new user who is part of the domian "mydomain1".

Now I have created another user "user2" using DA with the same source as "None" again but this user is not part of "mydomain1" and part of "mydomain2" instead.

I belive it is being referred as OS user or so as I don't have any LDAP configured for this content server.

I want to know why this new user user2 is not able to login to the DA and getting the autentication failed error message.

How the authentication is happing in content server for my this case?

What all I need to do to get the access to content server repository for the user2?

Would it work correctly if I add this new user "user2" to "mydomain1"? and If this can make sure that this will work for rest of the no domain users as well.

and how content server is being accessed for domain specific installations?

Kindly help me in this problem.

Thanks in Advance
Vipin

Comments

• RalfKahrl
    edited July 16, 2010 #2

Hi,

you can check what dm_check_password prints out if you call it from the command line. It is located in the dba directory. I've seen a quite similar problem and calling it manually gave me the clue what was going on...

Regards

Ralf

• DCTM_Guru
    edited July 16, 2010 #3

Now I have created another user "user2" using DA with the same source as  "None" again but this user is not part of "mydomain1" and part of  "mydomain2" instead.

- Well, if the user belongs to a different domain AND since you configure as NONE, then the content server relies on the default authentication mechanism of the server, which in this is the OS and is mydomain1.  Since you say that user2 isnt part of mydomain1, it should be surprising that server does not recognize this user,

Would it work correctly if I add this new user "user2" to "mydomain1"?

- Yes.

"...and how content server is being accessed for domain specific  installations?"

- Read the Content Server Admin guide. It explains everything about authentication and LDAP configuration.