Install problem

pjmorce
edited July 15, 2010 in Documentum #1

Hello

I am trying to install Documentum Content Server 6.5 SP2 on a machine with the following properties:

- jre1.5.0_13 installed

- no SQL Servers databases/services installed

- 8.3 GB free on hard disk

- 1 GB of RAM

- Windows server 2003 SP2

I let all the default install parameters and I get the following 2 error messages:

One or more pre-install validations failed:

- Source value for DATABASE_ENVIRONMENT is resolved to an empty value. The

installer would use default value defined. The default value is, null

- DATABASE_ENVIRONMENT validation has failed. Resolved value for

DATABASE_ENVIRONMENT is empty

I think the requirements of my machine are ok (except the RAM) so, I dont understand why this error is happening.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Regards

Comments

• pjmorce
    edited June 18, 2010 #2

Correction: I had a wrong JRE...

Hello

I am trying to install Documentum Content Server 6.5 SP2 on a machine with the following properties:

- jre1.6.0_10 installed

- no SQL Servers databases/services installed

- 8.3 GB free on hard disk

- 1 GB of RAM

- Windows server 2003 SP2

I let all the default install parameters and I get the following 2 error messages:

One or more pre-install validations failed:

- Source value for DATABASE_ENVIRONMENT is resolved to an empty value. The

installer would use default value defined. The default value is, null

- DATABASE_ENVIRONMENT validation has failed. Resolved value for

DATABASE_ENVIRONMENT is empty

I think the requirements of my machine are ok (except the RAM) so, I dont understand why this error is happening.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Regards

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited June 21, 2010 #3

Make sure there is no spaces in the directory name in which you put the installer, I emember seeing a few issues with that

• pjmorce
    edited June 21, 2010 #4

Hello

Thank you for your answer.

Unfornutely, I am using a install folder without any spaces or special characters on it...

One detail: I am installing in a virtual machine (using an Administrator account).

Regards

• pjmorce
    edited June 21, 2010 #5

I checked the install.log file and I found this message:

"

08:27:25,590  WARN [Runnable bean context: Di WA Oem Validate Input Data (validateInputData)] com.documentum.install.oem.common.beans.wizard.action.DiWAOemValidateInputData - DATABASE_ENVIRONMENT validation is not applicable.
    "
    maybe it can help...
  • pjmorce
    edited June 24, 2010 #6

I send the screen shot with the error message in attach.

The directory where the install package is is e:\install (there is any white characters on is name).

I also send a screen shot of installed software, where we can see that no instance of SQL Server is installed and we can verify that .NET 2.0 is installed.

Finally, I put an attachment with a screenshot of the virtual machine properties.

Please, help me to figure out why I cannot install content server.....

Thanks

Regards

• mwlee
    edited June 29, 2010 #7

What stage of the isntall is this occuring?  This seems like the configuration of the repository since it is erroring out on the database connection.  What database server are you using - SQL Server?  Did you install the db client?  Did you configure an ODBC connection?

• pjmorce
    edited June 30, 2010 #8

Hello

Thanks for your answer.

The problem occurs right after when I insert the Windows User password and click on the next button.

I think its during the stage of requirements verification.

My instructions are to install the SQL Server database, and I dont have any SQL Server instance installed yet.

I didn't installed and db client and did not configure any ODBC connection......

• anujk
    edited July 15, 2010 #9

also, what if the port 1490 is not getting opened, what do you do.

• lastnitescurry
    edited July 15, 2010 #10

Documentum requires a database. So if one is not installed or you do not have access to one via a SQL client, it really does not make sense to try and install Documentum.

The Developer edition, which has its own database, is the only Documentum install that would work without a database installed before you begin installing

• mwlee
    edited July 15, 2010 #11

If 1490 is you connection port for the database, you need to open it.  This is usually done through the firewall.  There are 3 places to check - the db server, the network firewall, and your local server/client firewall.

• mwlee
    edited July 15, 2010 #12

Pjmorce, please read the requirement.  Basically what you need for a all Windows setup is the following:

1. A database that is setup for case sensitve

2. A database client installed on the content server to connecct to the database server

3. A user account on the db server that is able to create, drop table, etc on the db instance.  I usually set that user to be the DBO (database owner).

4. Hardware, you will need at least 2 gig of RAM for the content server, more depending on what else you are installing on it and how many people are connecting.  For a test/dev type of environment, I usually use 4 gig.

Again, check the installation documeantion.