Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Templating Error
rudra
Hi,
I am facing a problem regarding viewing a Data content record. My machine configuration is WIndows XP with service pack2 and the Team site server I am connecting to has a version of 5.5.2. When I am selecting File->New Data Record, a popup used to open. But after installation of the service pack 2 a message is coming to install Teamsite templating client. Even after doing so, I am not getting to view the DCT. I uninstalled service pack 2 but the same message is coming again. I have JRE 1.0 update 4 on my machine. Any suggestions for solving the issue will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Rudranil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You didn't mention which service pack your TS installation is running (if any), but if you'll refer to the Support Site, specifically
http://support.interwoven.com/resources/products/compatibility/teamsite5.asp
, you'll see that XP Service Pack 2 is
not
supported.
Are other clients (without the SP) seeing the same problem?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
rudra
Thanks Dave for the timely response. The complete version given is "Version: 5.5.2 34955 20040504 " .I have uninstalled service pack2 and have tried it on service pack 1 also. However it still gives an error and tries to install the Teamsite templating client instead of opening the DCT in a new window. Could you help me out on this?
Migrateduser
The number you gave me sounds like SP6. You may want to open a case with support on this one, since 5.5.2 is still supported. When you say that you tried it out on XP SP1, are you referring to a machine that has NEVER had SP2 on it or is this the box from which you uninstalled SP2? Is SP2 the only thing that has changed since it was working before? Are you using Java templating or no?
Personally, I've stayed away from XP SP2 and I've advised my wife not to "upgrade" her laptop with it, either. Vintage Microsoft
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
rudra
Hi Dave,
I had XP SP1, upgraded it to XP SP2 and then downgraded it to SP1. Do you think that this may have caused the problem? It was running fine on SP1 before upgradation. Should I try on a machine having ONLY SP1 from the begining?
Rudranil
Adam Stoller
You may want to open a case with support on this one, since 5.5.2 is still supported
Actually, that should probably say - "
You may want to open a case with Support on this
right away
, since 5.5.2 is still supported (
until the end of the day!
)
"
In case it isn't clear - see
this support notice
which indicates pretty clearly that all TeamSite 5.x products become end-of-[supported]-life by the end of today (June 30 2005).
You should probably be thinking about upgrading very soon if you plan to continue to use TeamSite...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I think that's definitely causing the problem. It would have been a better idea to do a little homework before "upgrading" (again, in quotes) to SP2 to see how it impacts certain applications.
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
WOW, I knew that the support would end soon but I had no idea that it'd be at the end of today. Well, then... who knows, rudra may be their last 5.5.2 support case! That is, if the case is opened promptly.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9