Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
New to Interwoven
AbuDany
Hi all
I am a .NET certified. I would like to get into Interwoven. Where is the best way to start? I am taking the TeamSite developers series course in december, does this course give me a good entry into Interwoven job market?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Phil
Training will help you get a basic understanding of the products and will allow you get started. However, if you are looking to land a job as an Interwoven developer I suggest you work on a few projects first. Work with an Interwoven partner or integrator and get some real world experience. You may also want to look into the certification process, though many people on this board as well as myself feel this process is expensive and the certification's value is questionable.
Phil
jbonifaci
I would start by learning perl. Get yourself a good perl book or two and read up/play around with it. Get familiar with xml, which should be a simple task. Maybe play around with some perl modules that manipulate xml. Get a book on regular expressions as they are used in many places for many things. Familiarize yourself with some web basics like html, forms and cgi. Then get yourself a java book or two and play around with that. From there you can familiarize yourself with basic administration for windows and solaris and/or start learning other various web technologies.
That should give you a good starting point in learning the basic skills to becoming an "Interwoven Developer".
~Jeff