Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Creating a 2 folder deployment
webguynj
I have a folder structure typical for webcontent with lots of subfolders.
I want to create a deployment that starts at the root folder (eg. \inetpub\wwwRoot). I only want to deploy two subdirectories 'includes' and 'images'
I want to deploy these two folders and DO DELETES for these folder, but I don't want to delete all of the folders that are not included in the deployment. However, the configuration I have is continuing to delete all of the folders off of the wwwRoot folder even though they are not included in the path.
Is there a simpler or easy way to do this?
Currently it looks something like this :
<definition name="MYDEFINITIONNAME">
<source>
<fileSystem name="">
<remoteDiff area="\\nj1publish\Web" name="includes">
<pathSpecification>
<path name="images" />
<filters>
<excludePattern regex="_vti_cnf" />
</filters>
</pathSpecification>
</remoteDiff>
<remoteDiff area="\\nj1publish\Web" name="images">
<pathSpecification>
<path name="images" />
<filters>
<excludePattern regex="_vti_cnf" />
</filters>
</pathSpecification>
</remoteDiff>
</fileSystem>
</source>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jkm
This will delete all the folders becasue you are doing directory comparision and if on the source directory you hav A B folders and on the target A B and C then it will delete the C folder there.
Solution for this is to populate your deploy conf file at run time
1. Get all the direcotries in the branch
2. Pass the list of directories to conf file except the ones you want to deploy
3. In Conf file use those directories for excludepath on target area
4. Run the deployment and you are done !!!
webguynj
Thanks. I actually wound up creating a deployment with multiple definitions, that each deployed one of the two directories.