Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Set default profile fields on documents / folders
shirinp
I know that in Desksite you can set the default profile fields for a document/folder. However, at runtime, when I create my folders/documents, they do not have their defaults set. Also, when I use the IManBrowseCmd to show the folder/workspace browser, and attempt to create a new folder, it does not show the default profile fields on the dialog.
How can I get the default profile fields to be set at runtime on folders / documents and have them appear when I use IManBrowseCmd for the browser?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
The New Document Default settings are used by the WorkSite Desktop Clients; these values are set to the client machine's registry. They are not server stored thus when you create a document progarmmatically using the IManage.dll (as I presume that is what you mean by run-time) the API's do not have any knowledge of these client-side settings. You may in your own code interpret these set values and apply to your code accordingly.
The New Document Default settings are stored in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Interwoven\WorkSite\8.0\iManExt\DefaultNewProfile].
The folder profile values are stored in the folder.AdditionalProperties collection. When you programmatically import a document to the specified folder, you would need to read the additionalproperties collection for the profile values and set them to the document. For further know-how, please see code examples in SDK80SampleApp.sln, specifically AutoProfileFolderImport.cs : ImportDocFolder(), which is distributed with the SDK v8.0.