Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy and UTF8 characters
debus
I am depoying TeamSite metadata to an Oracle 9i database but UTF8 multi-byte characters are being reduced to a single byte character in the database. The target column is a VARCHAR(750). The target database has the WE8 ISO-8859-p1 character set as default.
The metadata in TeamSite is encoded correctly as a UTF8 character character. The offending character is this case is the – / –.
Is there a DataDeploy encoding option I am not aware of ? Or is it to do with environments or Oracle default encoding ?
Versions are TeamSite v6.1 SP1 and OpenDeploy v6.0.2 (no SP). The OpenDeploy version is using the classes12.zip JDBC driver and I was wondering if this could also be the problem as the Oracle version and Java version should really be using the ojdbc14.jar JDBC drivers, but this needs OD v6.0.2 SP1.
If you have struck a similar issue I would love to know how you fixed it.
Thanks
Peter
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
aputnam
Did you ever find the solution to this problem? I am facing the same issue.
Thanks.