Free Download - Documentum 6.6 Developer Edition Has Arrived

2»

Comments

• jeremyprioux
    edited February 20, 2012 #32

Please let us know if you have any news about a 6.7SP1 developer edition

• Documentumguru
    edited April 8, 2012 #33

Do you know if xCP Developer edition is supported in Windows 7?  I got a 7 box recently. It worked in xp

• jsilver
    edited April 9, 2012 #34

Here are the OS requirements for the current xCP Developer Edition (xCP 1.5, Documentum 6.6).

Operating SystemProcessor
    Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 (32-bit version)1A-32, x64
    Windows Server 2003 SP2 (32-bit version)1A-32, x64
    Windows XP SP3 (32-bit version)1A-32, x64
    Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-bit version)1A-32, x64
    Windows Server 2008 SP2 (64-bit version)1A-32, x64
    Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit)1A-32, x64
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.8 and 5.4 (For an existing Oracle database only.)1A-32, x64
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3 (For an existing Oracle database only.)1A-32, x64

With xCP 2 coming later this year, we don't currently have plans for an xCP 1.6/Documentum 6.7 Developer Edition.

If you have access to the trial downloads on Powerlink, you may be able to download the xCP 1.6 Consolidated Download.

For system requirements for Documentum 6.7 and later, please refer to the

• Julien.Fontaine
    edited May 10, 2012 #35

Jerry,

Do you have any news about a new developer edition based on 6.7 or 6.7SP1 ?

• jsilver
    edited May 10, 2012 #36

Sorry Julien, no updates yet. 

I'd still like to see more feedback on what you find valuable in the Developer Edition, compared to the downloads you can get from Powerlink.  When I look at the download stats, I can see that the majority of downloads are by existing customers or partners.  So even though you have access to the products on Powerlink, you're still downloading the Developer Edition from the Community.  And what is the impact on your projects of not having an updated Developer Edition?

• Julien.Fontaine
    edited May 14, 2012 #37

No problems Jerry !

It's really useful for us, in test context most of the time, to directly install a Developper Edition. With that, we have a full environment in a few minutes...

But effectively, it's not really necessary to always have the last version.

Thanks again for this work.

• prasanna_soni
    edited May 15, 2012 #38

hi Jerry,

Documentum6.6 developer edition is trial/evalution? can we use it gor commercial use?

• Julien.Fontaine
    edited May 15, 2012 #39

I think that the Dev edition is only for test purposes and you cannot use it for commercial use.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited May 15, 2012 #40

There used to be slight differences between dev ed and full blown version (eg ability to name docbases).  Plus, from a production standpoint, you want to be able to individual control and manage different components to improve performance.

• jsilver
    edited May 15, 2012 #41

Julien is 100% correct.  The Developer Edition can be used for development and test purposes only.

• arundhar07
    edited September 21, 2012 #42

Are there any plans of releasing v6.7 as a dev edition... I am asking as i wish to test CMIS connectivity of documentum with my application, but am unable to find a test version to conduct the test...

• IngoZ
    IngoZ E
    edited November 27, 2012 #43

I added some details on how to install Dev Edition 6.6 on Win 7 Pro: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-4335#comment-19559

• jsilver
    edited December 14, 2012 #44

We have regretfully decided to discontinue the free Developer Edition download.  Please read for more information.

I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for their interest in the Developer Edition, and your patience while we came to this difficult decision.

Regards,

Jerry

• Hi
    I'm looking for a developer version to testing some functions but I can't find any version on the internet.
    Anyone can give me a version to download.
    Thanks

• @phongtn - did you see Jerry's response right above yours - its no longer available. Your company has valid license, you can download docker containers of the software that can be easier to deploy from a developer's testing perspective.

• We dont have valid license. How can I get a installation setups? Do you have a trial version for developer?

• I am not aware of any trial version. You could try sending email to OpenText sales and get assigned a sales rep to see what they can do for you.

• Hey download doesn't wowk - "the page is not responding"

aptus