Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
dbLoader cannot be used with farm size > 1
fiquebem
OD 6.0.2 w/ Patch 1573 on Solaris 9 is erroring out with this message: "dbLoader cannot be used with farm size > 1." Below is my deployment configuration file. The replicationFarm (xxxFilesAndData) in the Definition where dbLoader is included has only 1 node, but he replicationFarm (xxxFilesOnly) in the other Definition has 2 nodes. That seems legitimate to me. Have I run into a dumb bug? What do I do now, besides contacting Interwoven Support?
Happy July 4th weekend, Americans!
S.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deploymentConfiguration >
<localNode host="myHost" />
<definition name="FilesAndData">
<source>
<iwStore>
<remoteDiff area="$sourceArea^">
<pathSpecification>
<path name = "." />
<dbLoader useDatabaseRef="oracle-db-$targetFarm^">
<eaData schemaMapFile="/opt/Interwoven/TeamSite/local/config/metadata_schema.cfg"/>
</dbLoader>
</pathSpecification>
</remoteDiff>
</iwStore>
</source>
<target>
<replicationFarmLink>
<external name="$targetFarm^FilesAndData" />
</replicationFarmLink>
<comparisonRules ignoreUser="yes" ignoreGroup="yes" />
<transferRules doDeletes="yes" />
<permissionRules file="0644"
directory="0755"
user="ihsadm"
group="ihsadm" >
</permissionRules>
<targetFilesystem area="/opt/OpenDeployNG/tmp$targetArea" />
</target>
</definition>
<definition name="FilesOnly">
<source>
<iwStore>
<remoteDiff area="$sourceArea^">
<pathSpecification>
<path name = "." />
</pathSpecification>
</remoteDiff>
</iwStore>
</source>
<target>
<replicationFarmLink>
<external name="$targetFarm^FilesOnly" />
</replicationFarmLink>
<comparisonRules ignoreUser="yes" ignoreGroup="yes" />
<transferRules doDeletes="yes" />
<permissionRules file="0644"
directory="0755"
user="ihsadm"
group="ihsadm" >
</permissionRules>
<targetFilesystem area="$targetArea" />
</target>
</definition>
<deployment transactional="yes" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="FilesAndData" />
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="FilesOnly" />
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jed
It is possible. We do it. We do the following:
Farm 1 (content only)
host-a
host-b
host-c
[...]
Farm 2 (content + db)
host-db
I think the trick is the ordering of the execDeploy. Try the following (deploy "FilesOnly" first):
<deployment transactional="yes" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="FilesOnly" />
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="FilesAndData" />
</deployment>
Attached is our working config file (with a few paths/hostname changes)
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
jed
Config attached here
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
fiquebem
Brilliant. I love this forum. Thanks!
I thought that I could fool OD by moving the replication farms to odnodes.xml, but I didn't even dream that reordering the execDeploymentTask elements would make a difference : ).
S.
jed
This almost screwed me during a production release. Since we do not have a farm in dev, I could not test it ahead of time.
If I remember correctly, I think this is in the manual, but it is easily overlooked.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
fiquebem
Interwoven Support responded as follows: "Our techspert confirmed the issue and I filed a bug about it. The bug number is: #61222."