Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Livesite "Book Form Entry" Component
santoshrt
I tried the Book form entry.It is configured to pick DCRs from category "internet" and datatype "book".
As a result it searches for the DCT to be present in the folder/workarea under which sites/pages are present.
For this reason I had to try out two options
Option 1)
Move the folder(templatedata) that contained the DCT under livesite store,where I could create the site and add the component "Book Form Entry" on the page associated with the site.
Option 2)
Create the site under the workarea that contained the DCT(internet/book) and add the component on the page associated with the site created.
I wanted to know is there any workaround,so that sites could still be created under Livesite store,with "book form entry" still pointing to the DCT/DCR under the default store.
If this cannot be done,are there any drawbacks/limitations with sites being created under default store.
I had some more questions.I found from Interwoven site,that it has some 20 odd components provided out-of-box.Following were the components listed.
1)Header
2)Footer
3)Dynamic Navigation
4)Static Navigation
5)Image Gallery
6)Search UI
7)Stock Listing
8)RSS News Feed
9)Branded Media Player
10)File List Component
11)Flash Display
12)Email a friend (form)
13)Newsletter/List Signup
14)Authentication/Login
15)Basic Text Display
16)Webcast
17)Q & A (FAQ)
18)Dynamic Results
19)Dynamic Details
20)Promo/Special Features
However when livesite was installed only 15 components were available/installed.Some of the components like Dynamic Navigation,Email a friend (form),Webcast were not available.Is it that these are not shipped with Livesite 2.2.
Any pointers on the above queries would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Santosh.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
shanon
Option 1)
Move the folder(templatedata) that contained the DCT under livesite store,where I could create the site and add the component "Book Form Entry" on the page associated with the site.
[shanon] You may not move this folder to the livesite store. With the LiveSite patch -- coming around April, you will have a /livesite/main/test branch where developers may create sample/test sites/pages/content for testing components prior to their initial submission to the STAGING area.
Option 2)
Create the site under the workarea that contained the DCT(internet/book) and add the component on the page associated with the site created.
I wanted to know is there any workaround,so that sites could still be created under Livesite store,with "book form entry" still pointing to the DCT/DCR under the default store.
If this cannot be done,are there any drawbacks/limitations with sites being created under default store.
[shanon] This is how you should do it. By default, a site has access to all content in its workarea(branch).
HTH,
Shanon
Golden_State
Hi:
I am interested in the components too. Could someone tell me where I can find those components?
Thanks
Golden_State
BTW, Does any one have an idea the mapping for the above component list to the Installed Components (15)?
Thanks