Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Publish files only, not directories
webguynj
Is there a setting that will only publish the files in a directory and not any of the folders underneath it? I can't think of a way to use exclude path to accomplish this.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jed
One could create a filelist of the specific files desired.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
13adam13
I haven't tested this, but I would think that your exclude path pattern could be .*[^\/].*
--Adam Wilson
webguynj
Creating a file list publishes all of the files every time. One of the requirements is that this be a filedif type publish.
webguynj
I tried this regular expression .*[^\/].* and this one .*[^\\].* Both of them published 0 files.
jed
If you are creating a filelist in a workflow, it should not be too much extra effort to compare against staging or another edition to figure out what has changed. Also, I think the adapter framework work may add the ability to do perform filelist diffing. (I think I heard this at devnet, but have not looked into it.)
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
Cell_Width.rptdesign
Cell_Width.pdf
13adam13
Since files on the root are .\something I think the expression needs to be
\.\\.?[^\\].?
--Adam Wilson
Adam Stoller
Or you could try an includePattern with a regex like "^\.[\\/][^\\/]+$"
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
> ... I think the adapter framework work may add the ability to do perform filelist diffing...
Yes, that's the filelist differential payload adapter. Configure a payload based deployment using this adapter, feed it a file list, and it will compare with target and deploy if diff detected.
Todd Scallan
Sr. Dir. Product Mgt.
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com