Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ContentServices architecture
System
Would someone experienced with ContentServices please validate or refute the suggested architecture:
1. CSF running on server which is also running TS 6.5/Windows.
2. Additional Tomcat instance on server specifically for ContentServices.
3. CSSDK installed on two other servers that wish to access the Foundation.
I haven't worked with this platform in quite a while and appreciate comments and criticism. I've seen a good amount of documentation, but there seems to be scant information available about CS.
Thanks,
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
CSF is only required if you intend to make web services calls into OpenDeploy. It's used to authenticate the client app.
If you intend to only make calls into TeamSite, you don't need CSF. TeamSite's CSSDK provides its own authentication mechanism.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Todd,
Thanks. Actually, I'm interested in making calls to both OpenDeploy and TeamSite. Will CSF do both? Also, is a separate tomcat installation (on the OD server) recommended?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Also, does port 20014 still need to be open on the OD box to allow for OpenDeploy or is it only the port for tomcat that's required?
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
ccprofessional
Does CSF have an api? I don't think so.
Migrateduser
TeamSite does not accept an authentication token from CSF. So your app will have to authenticate twice: once with CSF (for OD) and once with TS.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
The OD base servers and receivers are web services enabled. There's no separate software installation required. You just need to turn on the functionality and set the listener port (for HTTP or HTTPS). This will be a separate port from the deployment port (20014 default.)
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Yes, CSF has an API. It is a standalone server that accepts web services calls for authenticating a userid/password. In fact, this API is used by the OD Admin Server when you log into OD.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Todd,
Thanks, this is actually what I'm looking for information about. I'm not concerned with authentication, so is there an example out there that uses web services with OD? I've looked on the support site but haven't found anything as yet.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Yes, OD 6 ships with prepared examples. The README is located under your OD base server install:
OpenDeployNG\websvc\README_OD_WEB_SERVICE
These examples use CSF for authentication. You'll need to use this because only authorized users are allowed to run deployments, gather status, etc. So, even if you're not prompting users via your client app, you'll still need to authenticate a proper user to get a token, which is then passed to the OD base server or receiver when you request a service.
If you are using OD 6.0.2, CSF is installed as part of the OD Admin Package. If using OD 6.0.1 or 6.0.0, then CSF must be installed separately. For those older versions of OD, you can download CSF from the support site -- it's located with the corresponding OD download files.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Todd,
I'm in the 6.0.1 camp. I already installed CSF but I also understand that there have been a few folks who have had problems/issues with getting the sample code to work. So, I'm a bit tentative about putting my eggs into this basket.
I have also been speaking with support and it seems like what we want to do may not be possible with the desired architecture, even with ContentServices. This chapter is still being written, so I'll update this thread if anything new arises.
Thanks again!
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9