Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
JAMES
jpayo
Hello:
Might someone indicate me where I can find information of JAMES?
Might someone help with this module? I need functional and config information.
Can I receive e-mails directamnete in WS?
Does some relation exist between "JAMES" and "Inbox"?
Thank you for the information.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jpayo
Hello:
Also I am working with "Notification Engine".
Which are the functional differences between "JAMES" and "Notification"?
Can one user see in a inbox only his mails?
Which is the functionality of the "*.LIBRARY@SERVER.DOMINION.COM" mails?
Thank you again. I need help.
Bill Klish
http://james.apache.org/
jpayo
Thank you for your help.
Might someone say to me which are the principal functionalities of JAMES inside worksite?
How can I use it?
Principal functionalities of JAMES in worksite?
Thank you.
Migrateduser
James is allows Worksite MP to be able to receive email. This is used when creating a inbox which has an email address attached to it. This way if you CC the inbox on any emails being passed back and forth it will collect copies of all of them. The notification engine allows Worksite to send email notifying uses of updated documents.
jpayo
Thank you very much. The information helps me a lot.
Migrateduser
Can one user see in a inbox only his mails?
I don't believe that you have to be a user of worksite MP in order to be able to send email to the inbox, Therefore the security is set on the entire inbox at its creation and all emails recieved by it inherit this security policy.
Which is the functionality of the "*.LIBRARY@SERVER.DOMINION.COM" mails?
When you create a mail box you must set up it's email address that you wish to send messages to. By default the email address looks like this *.Library@server.domain.com" (replace the library Server and domain with your systems values).
For example
my server's fully qualified domain name is yahoo.com
(also the dns has to be set up with the correct MX record so that mail will route to the correct machine.)
my library name is yahoo
Every inbox I create in this library will end with ".yahoo@yahoo.com"
Now when I create an inbox I will specify a extension of the email address to make it unique such as "stocks". Now my address that I will email to for this new inbox is
stocks.yahoo@yahoo.com
.
By the way in library manager under Configuration settings (I think) these is a value that you need to set to your domain name. This doesn't effect the function of worksite but just changes the text displayed at creation of an inbox.
Best of luck
Hope this helps!
jpayo
This helps me a lot. Thank you very much. I will execute your indications. Thank you again.