Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
submit.cfg and folders
K_SATO
How can I make submit filter work on folders after submit.cfg file was edited?
#I searched in this forum, but I cannot find the answers.
#If you know any helpful posts, tell me please.
The following is the scenario:
1. Change the gid for some folders on submit.cfg file.
2. Restart iw-server.
3. Submit the folder (not files in it) that gid should be changed .
After that operation, the folder's gid was not changed.
Submit.cfg file (and regex in the file) does not have any problem.
I also tried the cases the edited files were in the folder, or new files in the folder.
I understand this does not depend on the status of files in the folder.
It looks submit filer works on only new folders.
Is this a bug or not?
Any information will help me.
Using TeamSite 6.1.0 Build 43683 on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RonaldV
I think that's the way TS works.
Try this:
- make an edition that contains the folder + contents
- delete the folder from the WA
- submit this delete
- copy the folder from the edition to your WA
- submit
I think that should do it.
Ronald
TS65 Sp1
Win2k Sp4
OD602
Adam Stoller
I believe RonaldV may be right - however - see caveat below.
Directories are not actually versioned in TeamSite (long standing issue) - so the only time they are processed by the submit.cfg is on the *initial* submission of the directory.
Caveat: I'm not sure what will happen to the history of the files within the directory if you delete and recreate the directory and all of its contents. It *might* work without a hitch, or you might end up with new version 1 entries for each of the files. I'd suggest testing this concept in a test branch before doing it in your real branch.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
K_SATO
Thank you very much for your reply, RonaldV and ghoti.
Usually we have some files on edit in the folder, so we can't delete the folder.
What we want are to change the gid of the folder on both Staging and Working Area, and also keep the history of the files.
After reading your posts, I tried this:
1. edit submit.cfg file
2. create temporary work area "A"
3. create the folder in work area "A" without files in it
4. submit the folder
5. change gid of the folders in existing work areas by chgrp command from telnet
This seems work.