Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Intercomponent communication between components in Livesite
santoshrt
Hi,
I would like to know,whether it is possible to achieve communication between the components in Livesite.(like the way it happens in portals where we can establish communication between portlets).
If it is possible then how should I go go about it.
Can I use the events property of a component listed in the data section,
to achieve intercomponent communitcation.
Any pointers/clue/samples would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Santosh.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ragz
Please refer to LS 2.1 Dev Guide. The Content XML allows you to specify a particular Component ID and mention the component name which you want to call.
santoshrt
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.I have checked the Livesite 2.2 Developer's guide,but it does not provide sufficient information on how to implement intercomponent communication.
Pointers to some samples that implement the same,would be very helpful.
For eg a click on a link in one component triggers off some action in another component.How can I achieve this.Are there any list of events,listener that I can make use.
Anticipating an early reply.
Thanks in advance.
Santosh
shanon
Sorry, but there is no OOTB way for components to commnunicate with each other. JSR 168 Support is being worked on and at that time we will support similar functionality to portlets.
That said, it is quite possible to create a static JavaScript registry that components could use to communicate...however it would be implemented at the XSL layer.
HTH,
Shanon