Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Data deploy issue
TeamsiteUser
I am trying to datadeploy DCR values but i want the data to be deployed in two different master tables.
As these both are master tables so i set the root-group="yes".
<dbschema>
<group name="webpage" table="webpage" root-group="yes">
<attrmap>
<column name="ID" data-type="VARCHAR(32)" value-from-field="metaid" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="CODE" data-type="VARCHAR(50)" value-from-field="Required Fields/0/id" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="NAME" data-type="VARCHAR(250)" value-from-field="TeamSite/Metadata/name" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
</attrmap>
<keys>
<primary-key>
<key-column name="ID"/>
</primary-key>
</keys>
<exists-sql>
SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL
</exists-sql>
</group>
<group name="category" table="category" root-group="yes">
<attrmap>
<column name="ID" data-type="VARCHAR(32)" value-from-field="metaid" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="NAME" data-type="VARCHAR(250)" value="Testing for cateory" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="LAST_UPDATE_USERID" data-type="VARCHAR(8)" value-from-field="userid" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="STATUS" data-type="VARCHAR(20)" value="Obselete" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
</attrmap>
<keys>
<primary-key>
<key-column name="ID"/>
</primary-key>
</keys>
<exists-sql>
SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL
</exists-sql>
</group>
I have several association tables for both these master tables.
When i try to datadeploy, it gives me an error "Multiple groups found".
Is there any way i can accomodate this requirement within one configuration file or will i have to seperate it out in two datadeploy configuration files.
I am working on TS 5.5
Regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jed
You should probably post this under the Od forum. Also, what version of OD/DD are you using? And, if it is OD 6.x, is this using DD standalone or via dbLoader? If you are running DD standalone, you might be able to do something like the attached config file. This will let you have multiple root groups. by creating multiple deployments in one config file. With this example, when you invoke DD, you will want to run the "multi" DD. I *think* all the deploys exec'd are transactional in this case, but we do not currently run this way so I am not sure.
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
jed
Config attached...
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
TeamsiteUser
Thanks a lot!!
I tried making changes as per your suggestion as i am using standalone datadeploy.
I am getting silly error though.
1> When i try to datadeploy the DCR and extended attributes with options as below:
<teamsite-templating-records
options = "full,wide"
area = "$area"
include-extended-attributes = "yes">
<path name="$filename"/>
</teamsite-templating-records>
This part works fine and data deploy works successfully.
But when i use the option of filelist instead of filename, it gives me some SAXparser exception(I checked and the config XML is well-formed).
The config now is
<teamsite-templating-records
options = "full,wide"
area = "$area"
include-extended-attributes = "yes">
<path filelist="$filelist"/>
</teamsite-templating-records>
I am unable to understand what could be the issue
Just for your reference, i am pasting the exact error
Filelist walk done
Deployment dcra_to_db ok
extraction type=full
tuple mode=wide
area=/default/main/sps/external/public_site/WORKAREA/workarea
/default/main/sps/external/public_site/WORKAREA/workarea
Generate DirectoryContents start:Thu Oct 20 02:36:00 MST 2005
Generate DirectoryContents end :Thu Oct 20 02:36:00 MST 2005
Generate TDCRTupleProducer start:Thu Oct 20 02:36:00 MST 2005
The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
Line 1, Column 1, PublicID null, SystemID null
Regards
TeamsiteUser
I got the issues resolved.
But found out one more issue:
While providing the multiple groups, i got into an scenario where
1> First group(webpage) deploys to WEBPAGE table.
2> Second group(category) deploys to CATEGORY table
I have one association table webpage_category which has referential integrity to both WEBPAGE and CATEGORY table.
1> If I write the configuration of webpage_category table in webpage group, while datadeploying the DCR, it gives me an error saying the master CATEGORY does not exist(while the deletion works fine).
2>If I write the configuration of webpage_category table in categorygroup, while deleting the DCR data, as the webpage group gets executes first, it gives an error saying the association record still in webpage_category table.
How should i go about this issue??
Will i have to write two config files to resolve this issue?
I am attaching teh config file for reference.
Regards
Edited by TeamsiteUser on 10/31/05 02:44 AM (server time).