Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WebSphere Delivery Adapter
mcdoma2000
I am doing a file list deployment, attempting to deploy a portlet to WebSphere Portal Server and I am getting this error in the adapter log:
WARN no ipnut xml file spcified in the manifest and noop
I have followed, as near as I can make out from the docs, the instructions for the WebSphere Delivery Adapter, but cannot get past this.
Can anyone give me a clue here?
Mark McDowell
AEGON Financial Partners
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcdoma2000
Does anyone have any ideas?
Migrateduser
How are you generating the portal configuration xml file? Is xmlaccess comand line being used? Seems like the adapter is having an issue with this file. Can you use the payload side adapter to generate the files and then call the delivery side adapter?
You may have to open up a support case.
Mariam
mcdoma2000
I am using xmlaccess command line tool to generate the file. I was trying the simplest case I could think of: a hard coded file with a single war file... I think I'll just open a support case... Thanks for your reply!
Mark
Migrateduser
Check your websphere portal delivery adapter configuration for the value you specified for the filename attribute of xmlaccess element. This should be the name of export file generated by xmlaccess from your source portal. OD deployment should carry this file to the receiver. The adapter checks the receiver manifest looking for this file. If it does not find it, it thinks it has nothing to do and hence the noop message you are getting.
HTH
Kuldip
mcdoma2000
I have checked this, and it matches. However, if I don't specify the "control" files via the filelist, it doesn't get added to the manifest. Are you saying the xmlaccess export file should be added to the manifest by the adapter?
Mark
Migrateduser
The receive side manifest details what was pushed to the receiver by the OD deployment. The manifest is automatically created by OD when it runs the deployment. Websphere portal delivery adapter reads the manifest to determine what came through the deployment, and based on the adapter configuration, decides how that should be processed in the context of the target (which in this case is target websphere portal server).
I believe when you say "control file", you mean the XML file generated by xmlaccess to capture export from the source portal. This file needs to be transferred to the target through OD deployment before delivery adapter can act on it. You can do so either through filelist deployment, or better yet, you should use websphere portal payload adapter for this.
Kuldip