Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
parse a DCR on select event
plantronics
I have a bit of a trick to accomplish, and wondering what others might suggest. I have a DCT that I have a dropdown menu on. When I select an option in this dropdown menu, I want to trigger a separate DCR to be parsed (using iw_load_dcr, and the DCR to be parsed is dependent on the value of the selection being made) . Once parsed, certain values should then be injected into the DCT.
I guess I could recursively parse each and every DCR of type x and load the values into a big huge array, and then select which array based on the selected index, but sounds messy. Any way to do it on the fly?
Mike
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
You would have to do a callServer onItemChange to parse the DCR and return the desired value(s).
~Jeff
plantronics
Cool, that worked. I used to be able to get at some useful environment variables in my inline scripts and it appears as though they arent made available to the callServer script.
For example:
$ENV{IW_WORKAREA} returns the workarea in an inline, but not in the callServer script.
Is it possible to pass the workarea in as a parameter to the callServer script? How can I do this from the DCT?
Thanks,
Mike
jbonifaci
Which version of TeamSite? I'm assuming you know that the callServer takes a javascript object with a hash of post data to your cgi. You just need to get the workarea name, correct? If you're using 6.5, you can just use IWDatacapture.getWorkarea() to get the workarea. In previous versions you should be able to get the workarea from this.location.
~Jeff
plantronics
That worked. Thanks again!
hemantxansa
Hi Jeff
Could u please explain how to use Call Server as I am facing the same issue.
nipper
do you know how to use callserver ?
Have you tried the examples ?