The iwcmp will compare versions of the files .. for eg.. between a DCR in Workarea with a DCR in STAGING. But the drawback is, even if you have just opened the DCR in your workarea for editing but haven't edited, still iwcmp will show a version difference. TS will (I guess) create a new version of a file each time I try to edit it.I have faced this problem while scripting in perl for workflows. I finally read the file in workarea and the file in Staging in 2 separate strings and compared them. Its a long workaround but it gives correct solutions.
Thanks for the prompt reply, but still i am looking for more inner basics of iwcmp.
Hi Adam,I was just asking for the inner basics as i want to know what exactly iwcmp compares to, behind the scene. So that we can decide whether we need to use iwcmp or to start with manually textual comparison to get the best results.I hope you understand my requirement
You should contact support as they can give the outline of how iwcmp works.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA .... ABOUT THE CASE WHERE iwcmp DOES NOT RETURN ANY COMPARISON RESULT?I have already checked the file existence on both the paths provided as parameter to iwcmp.
Yeah... actually it happens when i use iwcmp as file to file comparison. The file i am passing as parameter is EXACTLY same in both the workareas. I mean 'Exactly' as its just identical as per its modification date, last modified user, inner file contents etc.What i expect as a result at least it should show me f and f or - and - as the result of iwcmp output.Where as when i run iwcmp and workarea comparison then it shows me the same result for that file in both of the workareas.If you want to check you have to create identical files on two workareas and then check for iwcmp results. I can only wish and hope it would show you result.