Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite 6.5 Install - Change list
IWguy
I need to install Teamsite 6.5 at a client site and they want to know the ins and outs of what Teamsite changes during the install. Specifially, the kernel. Are there white papers or tech discussion on this?
Thanks,
Darcy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Changes since what version, specifically? There is material on what has changed, in general. If they are upgrading from 5.5.x then the installer is totally different. If they are upgrading from 6.0 or 6.1 that's not the case.
When you say "install differenced", what exactly do you mean? The behavior of the installer itself, the versions of what is installed (like perl), or the functionality of what is installed.
There is material on the support site, AND here on DevNet for most of these questions. Check out the TS 6.5 tech lib page on DevNet:
jed
I assume you are talking about a Solaris install (or other unix variant)? TeamSite installs a kernel module. Sysadmins love that part
This gives a glimpse as to what is going on:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=51085
I am not aware of any detailed docs.
TeamSite also leaves files littered outside of the base installation directory. Sysadmins also live that part as well. Off the top of my head I can think of the following:
o /iwmnt and /.iwmnt mount points for the virtual filesystem
o /default symlink to file system mount point
o /iwserver shadow directory for nfs
o /etc/defaultiw*
o /etc/iw.cfg
TeamSite also creates an "iwui" user and an "iwglobal" group. You can pre-create these to use a specific uid/gid. but you cannot change the names of the users.
Enjoy
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
PageNumberOnAllButLastPage.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
You also need to be specific about the platform on which it is being installed - Solaris, Linux, AIX(*), HP-UX(*), Windows ****
(I'm not sure if AIX and HP-UX and/or any other flavors of Unix are supported - I think AIX still is, HP-UX is more questionable)
I presume your talking about what files - outside of IWHOME - are created and/or modified as part of the TeamSite installation. I believe some of that (if not all) is covered in the manuals and/or KB articles (it *should* all be covered in the manuals...)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
IWguy
Oops, sorry about the lack of info with my first post - I was given about 2 minutes of internet access where I was this morning and typed that out a little too quickly. Fortunately for me, the people on this forum are pretty smart and gave me some great leads!
Many thanks!
btw - I was looking for Solaris information specifically and for Teamsite 6.1 and Teamsite 6.5
Thanks,
D