Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD 6.0.2 SP1 license failure
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 Linux
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 Linux
Redhat Enterprise Linux 3.x
Hostname:
[root@teamsited01 etc]# hostname
teamsited01.lvs.dupont.com
I am successfully running a 6.0.2 Linux base server on a development box and was hoping to test out 6.0.2 SP1. I had to call into support to generate my license file for me, and upon installing it, I get this error:
[root@teamsited01 install]# more odsp-lic.log
Validating license /export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/opendeploy/OpenDeployNG/ODSP.lic
ERROR: Invalid license
Error details:
Contents of license file:
/export/apps/intrwvn/iw-home/opendeploy/OpenDeployNG/ODSP.lic
-------------------------------
#
#Wed Oct 19 10:55:00 PDT 2005
HOSTNAME=teamsited01
KEY=583f5774418b62faeb66d3bebc2309da
PRODUCT=OD
DOMAIN=lvs.dupont.com
EXPIRES=NoLimits
SERVERTYPE=OpenDeploy Production
-------------------------------
Hostname localhost does not match license hostname.
A different license should be used.
I am not sure where it is getting localhost from. I did a search in all files inside of od-home/etc and only found instances of that in deploy.cfg (which I commented out and restarted).
The CLT commands are also returning localhost:
[root@teamsited01 etc]# ../bin/iwodserverstatus
OpenDeploy server host: localhost, RMI registry port: 9173
OpenDeploy server is alive.
0 deployments are currently active.
Where is this being set so I can correct it and install this SP?
Thanks,
-Bill
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jed
Can you generate a license using localhost as the machine name?
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
Bill Klish
Here is the answer. I opened a support case as well and see that I am not the only one that has this issue:
The supposition was correct: the Java API used by OD and the C API used by TeamSite use different methods for obtaining the domain. I believe the Java InetAddress class is not as diligent in searching for the domain. If this problem becomes prevalent, I will have to augment the Java API to do platform-specific searching, similar to the way the C API works.
To fix the problem, I edited the /etc/hosts file and made sure that the ip address and hostname definition of the machine was the first line, instead of the localhost loopback address 127.0.0.1. Then everything worked fine with the license file and installer.
Hope this helps others,
-Bill
Migrateduser
That previous post looks suspiciously like an internal email I sent a few days ago, but it got a bit garbled in transmission. It's not the order of the lines in /etc/hosts that is important, it's the order of the information on the lines that counts. Here is a synopsis of several emails I have sent recently on the subject.
The Java InetAddress class used by OD to look up the hostname and domain is not particularly diligent. If this problem becomes prevalent, I will have to augment the Java API to do platform-specific searching. In the mean time, I have yet to encounter a machine that failed OD license checking once its hostname and domain were configured correctly. Here are some suggestions on how to accomplish this:
For Unix platforms that use nsswitch.conf (Solaris, Linux):
Verify that /etc/nsswitch.conf is using dns before files for looking up hosts:
hosts dns nis files
If this is not possible, or for Unix platforms that do not use nsswitch.conf, verify that the line in /etc/hosts for this machine has the fully-qualified domain name listed first.
For static IP addressing:
your.static.ip.addr hostname.yourdomain.com hostname
For DHCP:
127.0.0.1 hostname.yourdomain.com hostname localhost
For Windows:
Make certain that the primary TCP network interface is set up with full domain information, and that it is registering the host/domain information with the name server. This can all be done from the Network and Dial-up Connections control panel for the primary Local Area Connection:
Local Area Connection N
Local Area Connection N Properties : Genaral tab
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties
Advanced TCP/IP Settings : DNS tab
DNS suffix for this connection: yourdomain.com
check Register this connection's addresses in DNS
check Use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration
Paul Summers
Staff Engineer, Installation Development
Interwoven, Inc.
Moving Business to the Web
melmore
This line being pretty important
----------------------------------------
your.static.ip.addr hostname.yourdomain.com hostname
----------------------------------------
Thanks for the tip. Fixed me right up.