Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can SOAP insert Datas?
jstephan
Hi All,
I am looking at implementing a database persistance layer where instead of being able to use DataDeploy to insert data into the database directly, can the workflow write(/insert) the teamsite data via a SOAP call to the persistance layer (which will insert to our database)? Is this a possibility with Teamsite?
Thanks
J
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
We used Soap::Lite from a Perl script to call a webservice which inserts the data into a database. Not 100% sure if that is what you're asking, but its what we have done. Soap::Lite is part of the Interwoven Perl distribution (at least as of 6.1). It has worked pretty well, as I just supply the webservice with xml as a string argument, and the knowledge of how the db works is contained in that webservice.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
Solito
Jon why would you do that against use of datadeploy ..?
dazzlad
What IWOV products do you have and at what version?
Darren.
JonathonG
Oh, a variety of reasons:
1. DataDeploy was not installed in our environment prior to the project we worked on.
2. Our DB schema is extremely complex, and I'm not sure if DataDeploy could handle the diversity of table updates that come from one DCR change.
3. By having the deployment be a web service residing in the application, intimate knowledge of the workings of the DB are kept within the application, and the CMS doesn't have to know.
4. I worked with DataDeploy in its earliest forms, and it wasn't one of IWOV's better products. I have been told that it is better, but, I guess old prejudices die hard.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.