Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Windows server 2003?
nico
So I know ts6.5 supports Windows SERVER 2003 but does it support the 2003 Standard?
Edited by nico on 07/06/05 03:11 PM (server time).
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ccprofessional
it believe it works on professional but NOT supported
Gregg Faus
When did Microsoft start making a non server version of 2003? It comes in Enterprise, Standard, and Web editions.
According to documentation, only the pricey Enterprise edition is supported.
nico
Sorry meant Standard
Gregg Faus
Not yet. I'm hoping they can get it working on standard. I don't have the need for the Enterprise support for memory and processors and wish to move off the Win2k platform. That is about a $3000 difference ($1000/Standard & $4,000/Enterprise).
ccprofessional
Just curious, have you tried installing on Win 2k3 standard?
I have heard that if you cheat ZeroG (the installer) to think your OS is Win2k3 (registry changes), you can install TS on any Windows platform (including XP).
disclaimer: I tried to hack my XP registry, but ZeroG wouldn't run.
nico
Didn't have to hack anything and it installed fine on standard, but we did it on a VM. But I don't feel comfortable putting it on a non officially supported os, just too conservative for that.
Gregg Faus
Same here. Running it on a production box would be bad if I needed support. The support script you run against your machine doesn't lie. Unless you edit it
Jamik
just an fyi, we've been running TS 6.1 on windows 2003 standard server for about a year now and haven't run into any problems. I just did an upgrade to our dev box to TS6.5 and it seems to be running fine so far. Of course, the support would be an issue.
ccprofessional
If it's a production server I wouldn't mess with Interwoven's recommendations or support requirements.
However, I am just playing with a development TS license on a XP box ..
here's what I did (note: it doesn't work ):
On the XP machine:
--Change a couple of registry keys - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
CurrentVersion=5.0 and CSDVersion=Service Pack 4. (Do not reboot yet, because these keys will automatically go back to their correct XP settings upon reboot.)
--Right click on the TeamSite installer .exe and select Properties; click on the Compatibility tab; check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'; click the drop-down menu, and select Windows 2000.
--Run the installer
--As mentioned, after reboot, the registry keys go back to their proper XP settings, but TeamSite will run.
NOTE: the above does NOT work for me (and anyone trying to make it work on XP is doing so at their own risk)
If anyone has any suggestions on cheating the TS installer into thinking its a Win2k machine, I am willing to give it a shot
ccprofessional
FYI.. regarding running TS on VM (VMWare?) is not supported either
nipper
FYI.. regarding running TS on VM (VMWare?) is not supported either
yes but it works well, IW SEs use vmware as well.