Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy partially deploying files
gunbuster
Has anyone else encountered the problem where OpenDeploy is deploying XML files but is truncating them?
Our developer has resorted to adding additional trailing spaces to prevent the end tags from being chopped off (and thus becoming invalid XML), but this makes me a bit nervous. We haven't had troubles with OpenDeploy in the past. Anyone have an idea?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Out of curiosity - do the source XML files have a newline after the last endtag in the document?
I'm not aware of this being a problem with OpenDeploy - but I do know that non-binary files which do not end with a newline can / have caused truncation with a number of applications - and it's possible that OpenDeploy is another one.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
I just posted the same thing yesterday
Opened a call with support.
What is your env ?
In my case OD says it sends 2 characters less than there are.
Solaris 2.8 OD 5..6.0.1 sender
to Linux OD 5.6.0.1 recevier
nipper
turns out I am working on the same project as gunbuster
Yes fish, the cases where it has happened there was not a linefeed
at the end of the XML file.
I have changed all the PTs that generate the XML and will see if the problem goes away
Andy
nipper
More updates
Instead of just truncating a few characters, it appears OD 5.6 is reading the attributes of the previous version of the
file. So if I send foo version 6 (from the staging area), OD is using the attributes from version 5 (size to send and
date time stamp).
So it is the caching of the filesystem, somewhere.
Andy
Adam Stoller
What's the source area of the deployment? workarea, staging, edition?
If it's a workarea - you're probably running into a TS caching issue and you'd need to make sure you specify the non-cached-mount point (/.iwmnt on Unix) explicitly.
If it's staging or an edition - you should be okay without specifying the non-cached mount point, but you can try doing it there too.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
Stage
I thought it would be the opposite, WA may be OK but stage (since the deployment step in the WF was right after
the submit task)
Andy
dyna_report.rptdesign