Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple Sources to Single Target
Bjorn
I need to deploy 2 source areas (teamsite areas) to a single target. Our process deploys xml (teamsite dcrs) to an application that does whatever it needs to do with it. The dcrs are kept in 2 different folders in the same area.
kinda like...
<source>
<iwStore>
<remoteDiff area="$source_area^">
<pathSpecification>
<path name="foolicious"/>
</pathSpecification>
<pathSpecification>
<path name="foobroso"/>
</pathSpecification>
</remoteDiff>
</iwStore>
</source>
Now, I know it's not a big deal to have multiple path specifications for a source, unless (and I'm sure you saw this coming) you want to turn doDeletes on for the target.
I'm sure someone has run into this before. What was your solution? A pre-deploy copy of all the files to a single (temp?) path, then deploy that path? Some other voodoo? I've RTFM, and other than running some custom action before deploying, I can't determine any other way to get this done.
Sarcastic sig: I have RTFM ... and I still don't know.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
First off, how are you ensuring that all files are unique between each of your source directories?
If you insist on such an architecture, the only easy way I can think of doing it is as you've said. Merge the two source directories into a single directory and then do the doDeletes compare using that as the source.
~Jeff