Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Submitting directories in WorkFlows
ttriemst
Hello all,
As part of a workflow, I am having a user modify an existing form, and then start a workflow. The workflow currently submittes the generated HTML file, as well as the modified form to Staging. I would like to also have the workflow submit a directory along with it, but I can't figure out how to make it happen. The following is the syntax that I have:
my $gr_channel4HTML = "/Compass/includes/GR_Chan4.html";
my $dcrUPD = "/templatedata/Compass/Channel4/data/GR_Channel4";
my $channel4_files = "/Compass/files/";
$task -> AddFile("$gr_channel4HTML", 'added to workflow by channel4_gr.ipl script');
$task -> AddFile("$dcrUPD", 'added to workflow by channel4_gr.ipl script');
$task -> AddMultipleFiles("$channel4_files", 'added to workflow by channel4_gr.ipl script');
The form and the generated HTML are submitted as designed, but I am not able to get any files on the "Compass/files" directory to go along with. I can perform a normal submit on the directory, and it gets submitted to Staging without any issues. I checked the log file, and the only thing it says is "TaskCalledBack". I am currently running TS 6.5.0 SP1 on Solaris 9.
Any thoughts?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
TeamSite does not (currently) support attaching directories to workflows. I don't know if there are any plans to incorporate this into future releases, but I can already see a few major considerations against this:
If a directory is attached, what happens when a file is created within this directory? Is this also attached to the task? Why or why not?
Is this recursive? What would determine whether or not child directories are included? If it is recursive, this would seriously degrade performance.
I'd recommend stepping through the directory and adding each file individually, if this accomplishes your goal.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
nipper
Directories are not completely versioned elements within TeamSite. TS does a better job
than most (though not all) in versioning directoies. I think there is a very old FR to
improve this but I do not think it ever went anywhere.
Andy
ttriemst
For the workflow in question, I am having the user attach a file for downloading. There will be approximately 25 files in the directory and the end user is responsible for importing new files. The reason I want to submit the directory is so that after they modify the form (and attach a file), it automatically submits the files along with the form and html. I am trying to avoid having the user start a job, and then switch directories and submit the newly imported files.
nipper
You can have the user, in the WF creation, select a directory and have a script add all modified files to the job.
Migrateduser
I
think
I understand what you're trying to do. I also get that you want to avoid workflows, but they can be seamless. For instance, after a user hits "Finish" on the DCT, have a workflow start by generating the file(s) in a known location and then the next externaltask will attach these files.
Do I understand correctly?
Current Environments:
(1) TS 6.5 on W2K3 (x2 - diff. imp.)
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9