Is it possible to select a document from the repository and email its content with DFS?
If DFS native functions can't do this, what can I do to make this requirement work?
I'm using .NET.
Thanks
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
I believe that if you use UCF it will download the file in a separate process and will write it to disk, but if you use MTOM or BASE64 it will come down with the SOAP packet and will only exist in memory until saved.
If you receive the file as a Content class you can check the CanGetasByteArray() method and the GetAsByteArray() method to gte it as a byte array.
It is possible to email documents/ receive responses .. with documentum process engine. Are you guys using process engine in your application?
Harish
No, I'm using .NET only in the application.
Yes.
Very very simple.
1. Get the content with DFS
2. Use .NET email classes to send the document.
Take a look at http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/InMemoryMailAttachment.aspx & http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/sendemail for some sample code.
Thanks for the suggestion.
The problem I had is that I always use DFS so if I make a Get operation, the document downloads to the Viewed folder.
Is it possible to get the content as a bytes array or something like that to send later in the mail? Of course, avoiding the
Viewed folder.
Thanks a lot, I will follow your suggestions