Hi there. I have been trying to get the Documentum Dev Edition v6.6 installed on my virtual image, but I keep running into an Install Error:
Runtime execution failed with child process ""D:\Documentum\jboss4.3.0\jdk\bin\jar"-xvf "D:\Developer_Edition_6.6_windows_sql\jboss430.zip"" exit code of 1; For more detailed information, see the error log:
\Developer_Edition_6.6_windows_sql\setupError.log
This happens during the "Installing dctmAppServer" part. I have put in the Error log file as an attachment if someone would like to read it...
I followed the Installation Guide, specifically where it talks about system requirements.
OS in this case is Windows XP (32 bit) with the latest updates. Although I have tried this on Windows 2003 and 2008 with the same result - both 32 bit.
RAM: 4GB
I have installed the latest Java VM as well. I have even set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to C:\Program Files\Java\jre6.
I am using the included SQL Express installation as my database.
During the installation, I am only choosing the default ("Yes, install a preconfigured Microsoft SQL Server Express" and "No" to custom options), although I am installing on my
\ drive due to HD space limits - I only have 6GB free on the C:\ drive.
The installation will install the Documentum Embedded Database, Documentum DFC Runtime Environment, Documentum Service Wrapper then it will fail during the installation of the Documentum Application Server.
I am at a loss to where I should look at next. Any suggestions from you guys out there? I am not familiar with Documentum as I have not worked on it before. So I appologize if there is something I missed right off the bat that would resolve this.