Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multilanguage - DCR
Lal
Hi,
Does Interwoven Teamsite supports multi language?
ie can TS be used to create contents in Japanese and save it as DCR?
If so how . please help?
Lal
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
1. Read the literature
2. Speak to a Sales representative
3. Read the manuals.
4. Take training
The basic answer is "yes"
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Lal
I am slightly confused .. my requirement is I am using Windows 2000(Eng ver).
I need to enter Japanese content in the DCR and need to transfer this content to a database or file (yet to be decided)
So my question is Does Teamsite can handle this or not?
or are you saying like we need to have japanese version of TS? please clarify..
Lal
Adam Stoller
If your client system supports writing in japanese then I believe you can do so and store it in the DCR.
However, I haven't had to deal with multi-language DCRs so I'm not the best one to answer your questions.
My previous suggestions hold - though I suppose contacting Support might be an additional suggestion.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
as Fish said, yes. You can. I am not sure that one could put a mixture of different encodings, but you definitely can have, say, both English and Japanese.
You do not need a Japanese version of TeamSite (if it exists at all) to do so
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
JeremyH
In theory this should be possible. However, you need to have a way to enter the Japanese content. If this is cutting and pasting then you will probably have it easier than trying to type Japanese on an english version of Windows.
A second issue you may have is encoding. TeamSite uses UTF-8 for everything. However, many Japanese sites use Shift_JIS. If you paste some of one with some of the other you can end up with some great garbage. If you keep everything as one encoding, then it should be simple to switch the whole thing from one encoding to another.
gzevin
you are not quite correct. You CAN have non-UTF-8 DCRs, and actually there are some settings in templating that set default output encodings for TPLs. This is what I meant when I mentioned different encodings in one DCR - this could be an issue. But a DCR could be set specifically for Japanese encoding. English one is always in the first part of the table, so should be Ok.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nested_tables.rptdesign
JeremyH
Do you know the settings to enable DCRs to be saved in non-UTF-8 format? The manual seems to state that DCRs must be encoded in UTF-8. (And we know the detailed QA process that those manuals go through!)
gzevin
When writing a DCT:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="
YOUR ENCODING GOES HERE
"?>
also, have a look at
http://<your
server>/iw/help/tst/pt/iwpt_encoding.html
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Sailesh
Teamsite does support multi-language, we have sites which are in Thai where content is entered through teamsite.
Basically the content is stored in xml file (dcr) so ecoding should be set to utf-8 thats all you need to do, and the same goes for your perl code, need to take care of that at presentation time, rest all is same as for English.
Lal
Oh really...
But how can we parse it so that we can do some decision making with XML data
Any peice of code or samples to have a look on to it.
Lal
cliffhanger
We are using TeamSite for our marketing site and we have its content in 23 different languages, maintained in TeamSite.
So, entering content in Japanese should not be a problem. We use VF; our content authors copy and paste content in different language from MS WORD to DCT field.
If you need to do some validation based on the content entered(in language other than English), then I guess you can find the unicode value of the string you're interested in, and then do the comparison with that(A blind shot in the dark...)
-cliff