Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Selecting files from filesystem for workflow
AnnaDalas
Hi,
Is there any way to let the users add the files from windows file system while running through a workflow. I am looking for a cgi script that comes up with a file chooser and when the user chooses the file it inserts the file path in a text area on the parent window.
Thanks,
Anna Dalas
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
There have been a couple of solutions posted for doing this within templating (you should be able to do a search and find them). Note that these solutions end up with the file being uploaded into TeamSite. This is the only way for TeamSite to work with the files. From your question, it sounds like you want to workflow the file from the local machine, but that is not possible. Uploading the file into TeamSite, then workflowing it is the way to go.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
AnnaDalas
Hi
I did a search in the Templating forum section, but could not find it.
I need to access the files within TeamSite workarea and not on my local machine.
Thanks,
Anna
Adam Stoller
You might start with
this thread
Not sure if I ever posted the entire code - but if you're going to search, don't restrict it to just the templating forum
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JonathonG
I'm confused. In your first post, you said:
Is there any way to let the users add the files from windows file system while running through a workflow
Now, you say:
I need to access the files within TeamSite workarea and not on my local machine
So, when you said windows file system, did you actually mean that you want a user interface that is some kind of browsing that looks like the windows file system but is actually browsing your workarea? If so, I think there is a file browser that is posted in the tech library.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
gzevin
Common, the file browser is for templating.
If the files need to be added to a workflow and they already in workarea, the person needs to RTFM. Because this functionality is already there.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
awizardly
Add Existing Files Gets Files from the current areavpath of the task
Import Files will allow you to upload files to a task which will add it to the task as well as import it to the current areavpath of the task.
Lee
Organic Inc
http://www.organic.com