Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CCSTD Locks
DavidMusser
In 6.5 SP1 I click edit on a file and it does not lock the file. In ccpro I click edit on the file and it locks the file.
Is there anyway to force ccstd to lock the file on edit?
-D
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DavidMusser
It's a bug, that's fixed in 6.7 so I need to find a work around for now. This only impacts generated html files, where it does not lock them, but static files work fine.
So I need to look at some kind of even trigger or something to lock it in the mean time... any ideas?
Other than telling the user's it's broke, please click lock on the files so you don't step on each other's toes.
Bill Klish
I would write a simple Java servlet and JSP that performs the lock, then redirects to the actual URL command to edit the file.
Should be really simple.
-Bill
TestReport.rptdesign
aggregations.txt
DavidMusser
I'm thinking about that or seeing if I can do something in formAPI. I hate to have to change the edit url for all files since it only effects templated generated content.
UDRF1.zip
DavidMusser
It gets even worse... I was able to call lock on the file using FORM API, but if you do a iwlockinfo on the file while a dcr is open in content center standard for editing it actually shows the file is locked at that time.
What actually happens is that at the wizard stage to keep as work in progress is where it unlocks the file.
Does anyone know is there a formapi or someplace to modify that wizard to keep it from unlocking it. I was hopeful that formapi would help, but it looks like this will not work after all unless there is a formapi event for something at the keep in work in progress step.