Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to disable an html field in workflow
Srinivasa Talla
Env : Win 2003, TS 6.5
Here is the code to display a select box with users list.
TAG_info(
contributor_2 =>
[ html => get_names_from_file(undef, 1, undef,
"$roles_dir/editor.uid"),
label => "Contributor",
is_required => "false",
valid_input => 'list_checker($_,2)',
error_msg => 'Contributor already selected! Please chose another contributor.'
],
);
I would like to disable the box, is there any simple attribute setting for that other than javascript?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm a bit confused - do you want to omit this field? if so - just remove the code.
Do you want to make the field readonly? It doesn't make sense to me that you would want to do that since it's a selection-list and it would prevent the user instantiating the workflow from being able to make a selection.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Srinivasa Talla
Fish, thanks for your reply. I understood, I can comment/remove that. But here in my situation,
I need to disable/readly for sometime, that is the requirement(this field is not required field).
Do you suggest any better way?
Adam Stoller
You're still not making sense (to me).
Try to provide the entire requirement clearly.
- What should appear in the instantiation form?
- What should govern what appears (or how it appears) in the instantiation form?
- What is the rationalle behind this request?
- etc.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Srinivasa Talla
Ok. On this screen I have 3 contributors, 3 approvers, 1 event approver(not required) and 1 periodical approver(not required).
I need to disable the last two approvers(select box) temporarly.
Adam Stoller
Define / expand on "temporarily" - is this for your own development purposes or for production usage purposes?
If development - just comment them out.
If production - you need to provide a LOT more background information for me (and possibly others) to understand what you are trying to do.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
brandon1
In the script that outputs the select just add DISABLED to the select element
<select DISABLED>
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Windows