Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
rebuild of dev box from exact clone image from teamsite production box
madmax
Hi all,
Currently we are planning to make an image of the production server and transfer the image as a TeamSite dev server for our environment.
So which means we'll have exact copy of production box with a new IP. So what are the steps should I need to follow up for this implementation. I could not find any technical article on this image implementation.
So far what I think of is --
1) Need to stop all the services first
2) Updates only iw.cfg for new server IP and name
3) Reboot the server or iwreset -a
For OD should I search for the server and ip name on all of the files then copy and paste with new server name and ip?
I think I also need to generate new license key for both TeamSite and OD base server.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You need TeamSite license for the new development server.
Which platform Window or Unix?
madmax
It will be replica of current prod server which is --
teamsite 6.1 sp1(after clone image to dev box i'll upgrade to sp2)
win 2000 sp4
Migrateduser
TeamSite license is generated using the machines MAC address so you still need to get the license for development server to test if SP2 upgrade was successful or not.
stefanmaier
Hi,
if you clone a windows machine, you have to change the Computer Security Identify (SID) of your new server after cloning.
Otherwise you have two computers with identical SIDs in your network, which can cause trouble.
Note that just changing the computer name, IP address does not change the computer SID.
Google e.g. "windows clone SID" for some more information...
After changing your SID of your clone, you should check all access rights in your store:
If local user accounts or groups are used within your store, they should be converted with the "iwidmap" command.
Regards
Stefan
rodigz
Hi All,
So cloning TeamSite is possible without reinstalling everything??
Please advise. I need to install 3 instance of TeamSite. Installing one by one it will take some time. I'm Planning to install it one machine and clone it to the others. Please advise the best way to do.
thanks!
msrinivas
If I were you I would take the time to build those boxes clean rather than trying to clone them. Depending on what you are using to clone there might be a no. of issues leading you to spend more time figuring them out. I am sure it will take less time installing TS on those machines.
HTH
rodigz
so your suggestion is to install TeamSite in every machine?
Has anyone tried to re-image TeamSite? Any tips that you can provide?
My concern if TeamSite will work.
thanks again.
nipper
I have copied an image from one server to another (Win2003, TS 6.7.1). It will work.
You will change the name, so there are a number of things that will require modifications (mostly iw.cfg) plus a new license since you are changing servers. The GUI took some massaging to work but it did.
I did not write down a list of steps, just started and fixed issues as I found them.
rodigz
thanks! I will try to do it solaris envrionment.
msrinivas
thanks! I will try to do it solaris envrionment.
Good luck mate! Please make sure that you document your environment as cloned and also be remember to mention it any time that you contact support. Information like this on how the server was built usually gets lost in conversations.