Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
File Locking Issue
Nicholas
TS-6.5
OS-W2K
I'm facing a strange issue i.e. files are automatically locking by another username. For example I work on test1.tpl and when I check this file, it shows locked by some other user. And double strange is, when I check the same file from some other TS-ID, it shows locking by another user(not previous one).
Is this known issue or someone else faced the same?
Thanks Nicholas
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ccprofessional
What does the revision history show? any clues there?
nipper
could it possibly be part of a workflow ?
Nicholas
no.
Someone from Interwoven could suggest something?
Thanks Nicholas
Adam Stoller
For us folks in the forums - screen shots would probably help.
For you - opening a case with Support will probably help.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nicholas
when look for the listing of file, it show that file locked and modified by "USER1" and when I click on Edit button, it gives msg like below
The user "USER2" has locked this file in workarea //TSServer/defaultmain/trainingWORKAREA/USER2. You will not be able to submit these changes you are about to make until the lock is released.
This is what the problem, I'm facing, in listing it show file locked by USER1 and while EDIT, it shows file locked by USER2.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Ncholas
Adam Stoller
As I am not currently using TS on Windows - and have never seen this problem with TS on Solaris - I'd have to assume this is some problem with TS that only occurs on Windows and possibly has something to do with authentication issues (are you using LDAP / Active Directory for your authentication? Perhaps there are multiple servers [with different information] servicing the TS server?).
As I said before - I'd suggest you open a case with Interwoven Support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nicholas
We are using Active Directory for authetication.
Thanks for the responses.
-- Nicholas
smenon
Do you have more than one workarea in that branch? Do you know if this file is actually indeed locked by user2 in the other workarea? and what locking model are you using in your branch.. one or more of these things could be responsible.. If all of these check out OK, then we might have to take it through the formal support channels to determine if this indeed a bug or not..
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Nicholas
Yes, more than one workarea in the branch.
Users are working in their workareas with same directory structure in each workarea.
We are using submit locking model.
Is there anything wrong with these setting?
Please let me know if more information required to this issue?
Thanks Nicholas
iw_store
HI,
I Faced Same problem, some days back, then i searched in forum got answer for the same.
I don't know which thread that is :
When i recollect my memory you need to kill iw_perl process and remove some of the files form template data directory .
Then you won't get that error.
San.
Nicholas
Thanks but I don't find any thread related to this issue. may be you could recall thread or searched text.
As per my knowledge, iw_perl process executes the TPL files, I don't know where it is related to the locking any file.
which files you are talking about in the templatedata directory?
Thanks Nicholas
Nicholas
Any suggestion Sunil M?
Thanks Nicholas
Adam Stoller
If you look at Sunil's post - the suggestion is already there - open a support case.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nicholas
Actually, Sunil asked some questions in his quesry so I am just expecting his confirmation.
btw, I am going to open support case.
Thanks for all responses