Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iw.cfg copy to 6.5
nico
I'm doing a clean install from our win2k ts552sp6 machine to a win2003 ts6.5 box. When doing so are you guys simply copying the old files like iw.cfg, availabletemplates.cfg, etc..? Or do you have to work off the default one?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
everything except iw.cfg came from my config branch.
iw.cfg, I let the installer build it for me then added my proxy changes & other stuf. Vey possible
that the 5.5.2 would work in 6.5, but I did not try
ccprofessional
A blind copy no matter which config is always bad -imho
Adam Stoller
iw.cfg changed significantly between the two releases you are talking about - such that the best method is to perform a manual merge of the old iw.cfg into the newly created iw.cfg (via the installation process) - among the items you will find that no longer make sense in the iw.cfg is pretty much everything that used to be under the [iwcgi] section. All the custom menu item stuff now goes into the ui_custom.xml file (see the UI Customization Guide for details); things like removing menu items / disabling menu items for certain roles, etc. also need to get handled as directed in the UI Customization Guide.
Anything else you find in there - you should probably first do a search of the manuals for, then do a search of the forums for, and then - if you haven't found an answer for it - post here and/or open a case with Support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nico
What if I have an upgraded version of the file(s) from a 552->6.1 project. Can I copy paste those files into 6.5? or do the 6.1 vs 6.5 config/xml files differ that much?
Adam Stoller
I believe that there are relatively few (if any) changes in the iw.cfg file between 6.1 and 6.5
But basically - you should go slowly and make sure everything is backed up before you make changes so you can easily restore things from previous versions if necessary
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nico
Looks like templating.cfg is safe to copy right?
Adam Stoller
templating.cfg is safe to copy I believe - especially if you were only using "iwov" style DCTs.
You may want to add things to it though, for changes / enhancements made available in 6.x (prune-missing-files, viewoptions, etc.)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ccprofessional
"iwov" style DCTs that use the old custom-dtd format (ie., symbol table format) won't work in 6.5
templating.cfg validation is also more strict in 6.5.. i can't think of an example off-hand though
Adam Stoller
I believe that custom-dtd DCTs are of type "xml" not "iwov" and therefore were not included by my previous statement.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com