Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Does teams site need dedicated server?
System
I installed teamsite on a server that has other services also..like sql server and some client software....i notice teamsite not functioning well after using for few hours....will get some kind of weird errors here and there...
logout and login into teamsite again and it works ....
any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Frederik
I think you're gonna have to be way more explicit about your environment (platform, OS, versions of OS and TS, server CPU and RAM, client OS - CPU - RAM - browser, ...) and the error messages.
Bill Klish
We run all of our servers (development, staging and production) on their own boxes. I am not sure if that is what the issue is here, but I would make sure you have powerful enough hardware (cpu speed, memory, etc.) to handle the load from all these apps.
chuckles
The TeamSite Installation guide is pretty clear on server specs for projected amount of content and users. It is certainly possible to run more services on the same box, but you need to make sure that you greatly exceed the recommended spec for memory and processor power. In general I think it is bad idea to put a heavy SQL database or app server on the same box as your production TeamSite server.
jkm
We run TS6.5, SunOne WS, weblogic and oracle database on one box and we never fall into any issues. While installing TS if you provide the recommended space,CPU and RAM to TS then it works fine.