Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
stand alone content_center app
Johnny
Has anyone ever tried to pull out the content_center webapp and run it remotely?
Doing development for the UITK (custom servlets etc) really sucks because you must move your files to the teamsite server and build it there (make_toolkit).
I'd like to see if I can run CC on my desktop (as in have CC remotely connect to my dev teamsite server) so that I can use an IDE properly and develop in real time.
It would make development much simpler - same concept a developer would take for a stand alone web app. We'd also get to integrate all the SDK javadoc / classnames in our eclipse IDE.
Thoughts... Is it as simple as changing CSFactory from local?
Just seeing if anyone has tried it... I'm about to jump into it and will report back my findings.
John Cuiuli
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ccprofessional
Not sure of the feasibility... but I think it's a great idea.
couple of thoughts:
- Is your network secure?
- there may be some legacy openapi type code around in 6.5 which may cause problems.
ok, I don't want to spoil your party.. let us know what you find.. and how much you enjoyed it
Johnny
I agree.. it would be a big help.
Hopefully some IWOV folk can jump in here... I'm sure the engineers have got some solution for this.
Security isnt a problem.. I would only do this on our development server which is managed locally.
OpenAPI could be a problem - though I'm sure there would be many areas that wouldnt work (anything that is trying to read local config files etc) - I think it would be enough to be able to test custom screens and nothing else.
John Cuiuli
Bill Klish
We are using Eclipse to do our development using a development license for TeamSite. We use an ant script to move the files out of Eclipse and put them into the proper location to run make_toolkit and merge everything in. I know it is not exactly what you are asking for, but it does work without dealing with those potential snags like Open API.
I agree with you on being able to have access to this stuff. It is 1000 times easier to work with this in a real IDE instead of Textpad.