I would like to pass the value of an EA, say where ABC="red", to an ipl, but am having trouble with the syntax.What has to change in the syntax below to pass "red" as the parameter?{inline command="E:\iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl.exe E:\iw-home/custom/server_side_inline_callout.ipl ABC" /}(replace { with < and } with > in the above statement).p.s.: I am doing this from the Tagging UI and therefore do not have access to FormAPI.
# Inline script code snipetuse Getopt::Long;my %eas;GetOptions("eas=s%" => \%eas);
Hey fish,The behaviour would be as follows:1. User in DCT, clicks "Tag" button2. EA (call it "colour") is populated prior to Tagging UI opening3. Tagging UI opens. For a different EA in the Tagging UI different than that in 2., a callout is made to an .ipl file and passes in as a parameter the value for "colour" autopopulated in 2.Is this possible? My (wrong) syntax in the Tagging UI is as follows:inline command="E:\iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl.exe E:\iw-home/custom/server_side_inline_callout.ipl colour" /
#!.../iw-perluse strict;use warnings;my $dbgfile = "c:/temp/inline_dbg.txt";if (open(OUT, '>', $dbgfile)){ print OUT "DEBUGGING DATA: " . localtime() . "\n"; print OUT "[ARGV]: $_\n" foreach(@ARGV); print OUT "[ENV]: $_ => '$ENV{$_}'\n" foreach(sort(keys(%ENV))); close(OUT);}
Let me see if I got this straight:You are tagging a file ("file_foo.xyz")Just prior to initiating the tagging UI on "file_foo.xyz" you explicitly set "TeamSite/Metadata/colour=red" (or whatever colour you like) on "file_foo.xyz"You have an inline script specified in your metadata DCT which, as a parameter, you pass the tail-end of the EA name ("colour")In the inline script you wish to retrieve the value of the EA ("TeamSite/Metadata/colour") from the file being tagged ("file_foo.xyz") in order to determine some aspect of the MDC DCT that you are about to have renderedIs that about right?I don't know the answer off-hand, and don't have time to try to play with this right now - but assuming the above is what you are doing (or trying to do) - I would add debugging print statements to your inline script that will write out all the envirionment and ARGV information to a temporary file so you can see what is available within the inline script for you to make use of. e.g.#!.../iw-perluse strict;use warnings;my $dbgfile = "c:/temp/inline_dbg.txt";if (open(OUT, '>', $dbgfile)){ print OUT "DEBUGGING DATA: " . localtime() . "\n"; print OUT "[ARGV]: $_\n" foreach(@ARGV); print OUT "[ENV]: $_ => '$ENV{$_}'\n" foreach(sort(keys(%ENV))); close(OUT);} You should experiement to see the output both from when you edit an existing DCR and from when you edit a brand new, never been saved form. The output should go a long way to providing information about what you can and cannot do from your inline script.
You've summed up the requirement nicely.Ran the syntax provided, and not a whole lot is visible, *sigh*.Ok, another angle: What I am after here is, in the Tagging UI, populating a select box via an inline command. The values in the select box are dependent on a different EA in the Tagging UI, say EA "colour".Any suggestions in this task? My approach appears to be limited as for attaching derived parameters in the inline command.
I keep hearing that it's coming in the next version or the next SP. I heard that before 6.5, before 6.5 SP1, before 6.5SP2, and now I'm hearing it about 6.7. I'll believe it when I finally see it.